Free Meals During COVID-19 Outbreak
Exeter Communities Together CIC is distributing nutritious frozen meals to those facing a tough time due to the Coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak. Whether you or someone you know is elderly, vulnerable, a key worker or otherwise struggling financially, we might be able to help.
- Vegetable Curry – Vegetarian (Ingredients: carrots, pea, corn on cob, runner beans, tinned tomatoes, vegetable oil, water, cumin seeds, garam masala, cinnamon sticks, coriander powder, chilli powder, salt, haldi, ginger & garlic, onion, black pepper) (this does not contain nuts, peanuts, colourings or dairy products. This item is gluten free.)
- Daal (Lentils) – Vegetarian (Ingredients: Chana daal, haldi powder, salt, water, garam masala, chilli, onion, oil, tomatoes.) (this does not contain nuts, peanuts, colourings or dairy products. This item is gluten free.)
- Plain Boiled Rice – Vegetarian (Contains gluten.)
- Pasta with Vegetable Ragout – Vegetarian (Ingredients: onions, leeks, carrots, courgettes, aubergines, red lentils, chopped tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, dried herbs, salt, flour, milk, eggs) (this does not contain nuts, peanuts or colourings. Contains gluten. Vegan.)
- Chicken Curry (Ingredients: chicken, onions, carrots, beetroot, leeks, tinned tomatoes, ginger, garlic, vegetable oil, turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt, spices) (this does not contain nuts, peanuts, colouring, or dairy products. This item is gluten free.)
- Pasta with Bolognese Sauce (Ingredients: onions, leeks, carrots, minced beef, chopped tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, dried herbs, salt flour, milk, eggs) (this does not contain nuts, peanuts or colourings. Contains gluten.)
- Food cupboard items, e.g. tea, coffee, bottled food, tinned food etc. (Whatever collections are received from supermarkets)
This list will be updated regularly, as and when what we can provide changes depending on availability
How Does It Work?
- Please get in touch the day before, between 11.00am and 3.00pm. Whether that be a phone call, on text, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Instagram DM.
- When contacting us, please give us your name, contact number and delivery address. Please kindly provide this via private message, we will keep details confidential. We will let you know when we can deliver the next day.
- We will deliver to your doorstep and we’ll knock and stand back or give you a call when your order is there.
Who Do I Contact?
You can contact any of us below:
- Only store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Fully defrost food prior to cooking, ideally at least overnight in the fridge.
- Once defrosted, do NOT re-freeze.
- Once defrosted thoroughly cook food until it is piping hot (it is bubbling or you can see steam).
- Do not reheat the plastic containers in the oven, place the food in a suitable ovenproof dish.
- If using a microwave stop halfway through to stir the food then continue to reheat.