Exeter Communities Together currently looking for volunteers. Please see details below.
Exciting New Volunteering Opportunities with Exeter Communities Together!
Exeter Communities Together is a new grass roots organisation consisting of seven Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority (BAME) organisations. We have a wide and varied programme of events spread across the year including: cultural festivals, social events, a growing project, language and dance classes – and much more!
- Choose how you want to get involved
- Get to know people from different cultures
- Gain new skills
- Engage in training programmes
- And More!
There are volunteering opportunities ranging from helping with office admin to joining in digging the ground to helping to prepare a feast. Here are the roles in more detail:
- Support the ECT team and partners with organising, delivering and recording their events:
- Neighbourhood Festivals: Running yearly in different neighbourhood area in Exeter.
- Community Access Project: A monthly cross-cultural celebration of communities coming together to share food, music and learn more about each other’s heritage.
- Community Growing Project: The Growing Project will meet on one morning a week and will grow and develop in line with the wishes of participants. A poly tunnel will ensure the growing of produce from around the world.
- Opportunities to access relevant trainings to their role and various training in areas of interest;
- Opportunities to work with BAME community groups to learn and share knowledge pertain to cultural diversity in Exeter;
- A chance to make a difference, help others, make new friends, gain work experience that that could lead to beginnings of a new career.
- Travel expenses will be covered.
All volunteers will receive regular supervision and support from the ECT Project Coordinator.
How to Apply:
- Download and complete the Application Form using the link at the very bottom of this page;
- Return the completed Application Form using the details found at the bottom of it;
- We will get in touch and invite you for interview;
- If your skills meet the project’s needs, we will invite you to attend our Volunteer Training (half a day training);
- After the training session, and once the dates/hours of volunteering are agreed, both the volunteer and the Project Coordinator sign the volunteers Agreement.